RSS icon Email icon Bullet (black)
  • Relocated Odd Fellows Hall Open House and Sale

    Posted on July 19th, 2010 admin No comments

    Originally built in 1891 this 3 story 2500 ton masonry building was lifted, rotated and moved across the street last year.  Now the owner (U.S. General Services Administration) is auctioning  the historic landmark on July 28th.  The building will be open to prospective bidders (and probably anyone else) for an open house on July 27th from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at 40 W. Market St.

    Here is a clip from the relocation effort featuring some great time-lapse footage of the move (starting at about the 5 min. mark).

    This is all part of clearing the block for construction of the new Federal Court House downtown.

    http://www.utahheritagefoundation.org/saving-places/41-moss-courthouse-expansion-project